Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Assignment 13

class blog

Jose Picardo brings to light some great tools that can be used in the classroom. There were many that I have used before but never really thought to use them in my class. He mentioned a couple of interactive websites and a website that can be used to create your own games specifically for a lesson you may be teaching. This would be great to use in a history class for different history facts. Students, I think, tend to absorb more information from interacting with others rather than just listening to a teacher lecture. It is good for both the teacher and the student to change up the method of teaching every so often and using games in class is a great way to do that.


Mr. Picardo also mentioned blogging and podcasting. These are two technologies that I will definitely be using in my classroom. The class blog will allow students to keep up with assignments and due dates. The students can also interact with one another on the blog about class material. I can’t count how many times I have gone home from school and started on my homework and then had a question, but had no way to reach a classmate or the teacher. The blog can also be available to parents to keep them up to date on what their child is learning in their class. Podcast’s are wonderful for students. I want to make podcast’s in my class so that my students can go back and listen to my lectures at any time, especially before a test for extra review.


The different tips from Mr. Picardo are extremely useful. He makes some great points on different ways to use these resources.

1 comment: